Transform Your Life
If you have been struggling to lose weight and keep it off long term, turn to the team at Des Peres Hospital’s MyNewSelf Bariatric Medical and Surgical Institute. They can help restore your health and help you regain confidence with proven weight loss solutions.
About MyNewSelf Weight Loss Services
The experienced weight loss team in MyNewSelf bariatrics program is ready to guide you on your journey to a healthier and more active life.
We offer surgical options for weight loss, including:
MyNewSelf Bariatrics is an MBSAQIP Accredited Center. This accreditation formally acknowledges our commitment to providing quality improvement and patient safety for bariatric surgery patients.
We also offer non-surgical medical weight loss management. Using techniques such as body composition analysis and pathway genomics, the team creates a custom treatment plan just for you.
Let our experienced multidisciplinary team provide the care and support you need reach a healthier weight and give you the opportunity to live a longer, healthier and more active life.
Do I Qualify for Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight loss surgery is generally designed for individuals:
- 18+ years old
- With a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more
- With a BMI of 35-39.9 and suffering from one or more obesity-related diseases (high cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, diabetes, heart or lung disease)
- With a BMI of 30 to 34 and weight-related health problems
- Experiencing personal, work-related, or relationship problems due to obesity
- Unsuccessful keeping weight off long term through diet and exercise
- Able to commit to long-term medical follow-up and to the lifestyle, dietary, and exercise changes necessary to maintain health after surgery
- Willing to undergo a psychological evaluation to determine if you are emotionally healthy enough to understand the ramifications of your decision
You and your surgeon should carefully discuss the risks of your current health condition compared to the risks and benefits of surgery.
Take Our Health Risk Assessment
Discover if weight-loss surgery may be an option for you.
Take the weight loss surgery assessment
The Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
Weight loss is only one benefit of bariatric surgery — it can also help improve or resolve pre-existing medical conditions associated with obesity, such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, polycystic ovary syndrome, obstructive sleep apnea, joint pain and gastroesophageal reflux disease
Begin Your Journey Today
If you’re tired of struggling with your weight and related medical problems, take the first step by contacting us. Call (855) 290-9355 or click here to register for an upcoming informational seminar.
To learn more our program and view procedure videos, surgeon bios, patient videos and frequently asked questions, please visit the MyNewSelf site. To request printed materials call 1 (855) 290-9355 or contact the MyNewSelf program for more information.