A Safe & Less Invasive Option for Chronic Sinus Pain
Do you suffer from chronic sinus pain? If you’ve been considering sinus surgery for your symptoms, Des Peres Hospital offers an advanced, minimally invasive option known as balloon sinuplasty. This procedure is meant to provide you relief from ongoing inflammation of the sinus lining — possibly freeing you from a lifetime of discomfort and medication.
Providing a Less Invasive Option for Sinus Sufferers
Traditional surgery options involve bone and tissue removal, causing many patients to opt out and live with the chronic sinus pain instead. Balloon sinuplasty is a minimally invasive option to conventional surgery.
How It Works
- A small, flexible balloon catheter is placed through the nostril into the blocked sinus passage.
- The balloon is inflated to gently open the sinus, restoring normal sinus drainage and function.
- The balloon is removed and the sinus is irrigated.
- The system is removed.
- Safe and effective — While use of any surgical instrument involves some risk, studies show that balloon sinuplasty is safe and effective in relieving sinusitis symptoms.
- Minimally invasive — The technology involves the use of small, soft, flexible devices introduced through the nostrils. These devices gently open blocked sinuses.
- Reduced bleeding — In most cases, no tissue or bone is removed in this procedure, allowing for less bleeding. As a result, the need for uncomfortable nasal packing may be eliminated.
- Fast recovery time — Due to the minimally invasive nature of the procedure, patients often return to normal activities after 24 hours.
Find an ENT Specialist
For a free referral to an ear, nose and throat specialist who performs balloon sinuplasty, call 1 (855) 290-9355 or find a doctor online.