Providing Clinical and Professional Development
At Des Peres Hospital, we have a proud tradition of offering residency opportunities to up-and-coming medical professionals. We currently provide residency programs in:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
Traditional rotating internships may also be considered.
The Des Peres Hospital Residency program accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) of the Association of American Medical Colleges. Our deadline for receipt of all materials is December 21, 2016 unless a rotation is scheduled after that date.
Application materials should include:
- ERAS common application with personal statement
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- COMLEX scores for all parts taken prior to interview
Passage of COMLEX Part II is required prior to start of program.
Interviews are held on the first or second Saturday of November and are by invitation only.
All ERAS applications will be reviewed with candidates for interview selected by the Program Director. An informal reception will be held at Des Peres Hospital the Friday evening before the interviews. A tour of Des Peres Hospital will be offered at that time for those who are unfamiliar with the hospital.
Intern Interview Day is Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016, with the reception being held on Friday, November 4, 2016. Completed applications must be submitted through ERAS by October 31, 2016.
Interviews will be held on Saturday from 7 a.m. until all are completed. For those unable to make it on the selected Saturday date, a personal interview may be arranged at a date/time mutually convenient to the candidate and the faculty.
Compensation and Benefits
When you join us at Des Peres Hospital, you gain access to a number of benefits and compensation.
Des Peres Hospital Paid Benefits:
- PGY-1 Vacation —10 working days per year
- PGY 2-5 Vacation — 15 working days per year
- Physician Disability Plan
- Basic employee life and AD &D insurance
- Business travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Insurance Programs (Copay Premiums Paid by Employee):
- Comprehensive medical care plans (three options)
- Dental pans — Preventive or Comprehensive Plans
- Vision plan
- Long-term care insurance
- Health care and dependent and flex spending accounts
- Tenet Stock Purchase Plan (5 percent discount on purchase)
- 401(k) retirement plan (match of 1.5 percent of base salary)
- Hyatt Legal Plan
- Family/medical leave (FMLA per federal law)
Medical Education Related Benefits:
- Meals provided while on duty
- Lab coats (two for OGME-1 and one for OGME 2-5)
- Professional liability insurance while functioning in the role of resident
- Annual membership dues to American Osteopathic Association and Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- On-campus free parking
- Full-service library with medical librarian; complimentary access to UpToDate
- Private on-call rooms and Resident’s Lounge
- PGY-1: $49,572
- PGY-2: $51,306
- PGY-3: $53,040
- PGY-4: $54,698
- PGY-5: $56,304
*Effective July 1, 2016
For more information about our education programs, contact our medical education phone number at (314) 966-9491. Fax us at (314) 966-9394.
Reach our Medical Education Coordinator, Karen Mebruer, at:
Reach our Administrative Director of Medical Education, Marilyn Nicka, Ph.D., at:
Reach our Director of Medical Education, Kenneth E. Ross, D.O., at:(314) 966-9511