Des Peres Hospital offers a comprehensive invasive and noninvasive heart care program staffed by board-certified cardiovascular specialists, cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiovascular nurses and technologists. They are trained and experienced in a wide range services for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease.
From our Emergency Department to the Mended Hearts patient support group, we pride ourselves in offering cardiac care with the compassionate, personal touch our patients have come to expect from Des Peres Hospital.
Our cardiology services have been recognized as follows:
- American Heart Association with a Get with the Guidelines Gold Performance Achievement Award for coronary artery disease and heart failure.
- Des Peres Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center, with PCI, which means we have the expertise to quickly diagnose chest pain during the critical early stages of a heart attack, when treatments are more effective.
- Des Peres Hospital is a UnitedHealth Premium® Cardiac Specialty Center for cardiac care, cardiac surgery and heart rhythm disorders. This designation means that the hospital has met rigorous quality criteria based on nationally recognized medical standards.
Our cardilology and vascular services in St. Louis include:
Open Heart Surgery
Coronary Artery Bypass (CAB)
Minimally Invasive CAB
Minimally Invasive Valve Repair & Replacement
Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Saphenous Vein Harvesting
Aortic Root Dissection and Aneurysm Replacement
Surgical Atrial Fibrillation Correction
Endovascular grafting for repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Digital Catheterization
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Intracoronary Stents/Drug Eluting Stents
- Rotablator and Orbital Athrectomy
- Pacemaker, Bi-ventricular Pacing for Management of CHF, and ICD/Bi-V ICD Implantation and Revision
- Anjiojet system for Removal of Intracoronary Thrombus
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Intracardiac Ultrasound
- Fractional Flow Reserve Measurements
- Electrophysiology Services for Study and Ablation Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
- 96 channel recording system
- RF Ablation
- 3-D mapping
- Implant and analysis of all forms of pacing, bi-ventricular pacing for management of CHF, and ICD and Bi-V ICD
- NIPS analysis and advanced programming of implanted ICDs.
- Carotid Arteriograms
- Renal Arteriograms and Interventions
- IIliac Arteriograms and Interventions
- IVC Filter Placements
- Peripheral Thombolytic Therapy
- Carotid endarterectomy (plaque removal in carotid arteries)
- Aorto-iliac bypass grafting
- Ileo-femoral grafting
- Femoral/popliteal bypass grafting
- Axillary/ilieo bypass grafting
10 bed ICU/CCU
26 bed Interventional Cardiac Step Down Unit
3 Cardiac Catheterization suites with digital imaging capability
16-slice CT scanner with cardiac software package
Visitors and Guests
We believe that being surrounded by close friends and family is conducive to recovery and the restoration of good health. Please review our visiting hours and guidelines.
For open-heart surgery patients, Des Peres Hospital has an "open visiting hour" policy. At the discretion of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), visits are allowed during all hours and visits by relatives other than the immediate family are allowed, if the patient desires.