Visitors can be good medicine for patients. We do ask that you respect Des Peres Hospital’s visitor policy and that everyone respect our patients' need to rest and recover.
Patient Visiting Hours
Daily 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.*
* Please note that visiting hours are subject to change at the discretion of the patient's nurse. Also, NO visitors are allowed in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or CCU (Coronary Care Unit) from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. due to change of shift report and to protect patient privacy.
- We ask that only two guests visit a patient at one time
- We understand that it is very important to keep in touch with loved ones who are in our hospital, and we strongly encourage family members and friends of patients to stay in contact through telephone calls and emails. Patients can receive email messages through our hospital website.
- Visitors who are coming to see a loved one should leave their children at home with a caregiver. We do not offer on-site child care, and children can never be left unattended at Des Peres Hospital.
- If a patient is facing an end of life prognosis, his or her family is encouraged to work with the patient’s physician and caregivers to make an exception to this policy to ensure that the emotional needs of the patient and family are met.