We serve patients and families in our hospital, but also reach out to members of the community with health and wellness seminars, events, screenings and blood drives, as well as other community activities.
Here is a list of upcoming events:
Alleviating Knee and Hip Joint Pain -- Pain in a joint often arises due to cartilage damage, either from injury or general wear and tear. As a result, the joint becomes less mobile and even more painful. Learn the causes, symptoms and treatment alternatives for knee and hip osteoarthritis pain, including therapy, diet, medications and surgical techniques. Call 1-888-457-5203 to register. All classes held at Des Peres Hospital in conference room 2 at 6 pm.
- Tuesday, July 14, Dr. Bradley
- Wednesday, July 22, Dr. Whiteside
- Tuesday, August 11, Dr. Bradley
- Wednesday, August 19, Dr. Whiteside
- Wednesday, September 16, Dr. Bradley
- Tuesday, October 13, Dr. Solman
- Wednesday, October 21, Dr. Bradley
- Wednesday, November 18, Dr. Bradley
- Wednesday, December 16, Dr. Bradley
Pre-Operative Joint Class -- Already scheduled for knee or hip replacement surgery at Des Peres Hospital? Attend our pre-operative class to learn what to expect while you are in the hospital and after surgery. Classes held weekly. Call 314-966-9131 for more information.
Surgical Weight Loss Seminars -- Multiple times during the month. Learn more about weight loss surgery options with the team from MyNewSelf and a surgeon. Call 1-866-573-5673 to register for these free seminars.
City of Des Peres 2015 Summer Concert Series -- Des Peres Hospital is proud to support these family friendly concerts in our city! Here is the lineup. All of the concerts are from 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Rocking Chair – Friday, June 12
- Vote for Pedro – Friday, July 10
- DRZHIVEGAS - Friday, August 14
Blood Drive -- Des Peres Hospital is hosting a blood drive with Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center, an organization that supplies blood products to hospitals in the area, on Friday, July 10, from 10 am to 2 pm. To Register, please visit www.bloodcenterimpact.org